EtonHouse International Preschool Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The Pre-Nursery Teacher reports to the Principal of EtonHouse International [email protected] Phu, Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), Vietnam. As the Pre-School expands, the school is ready to open a classroom with a focus on younger Pre-Nursery children from 18 months to 2 years old. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and passionate Pre-Nursery Teacher. This position is available for immediate start should the right candidate apply.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s teaching philosophy and curriculum of “Think, Inquire and Learn”.
- Adopt a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high quality learning takes place.
- Plan and organise documents identifying specific learning objectives, differentiated tasks, evaluations and assessment in order to inform Parents and Principal.
- Maintain professional dialogue with colleagues concerning children, other teaching staff members and the school and treat all information with confidentiality.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of classroom management eg. care of equipment, resources well-labelled and accessible.
- Create an interesting and lively learning environment which promotes age-appropriate and independent learning.
- Keep records of achievement for each child in class and provide reports as necessary.
- Establish and build positive links with parents of children in your care.
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education
- Relevant experience in a pre-school / international school setting
- Self-motivated, responsible, takes initiative
- Interest in inquiry based learning
- Willing to teach pre-nursery children in a new start-up school environment
Working and Living in Ho Chi Minh City
Living in Ho Chi Minh City is exciting and very accessible. There are many expatriate groups and the lifestyle is highly conducive to those teachers looking to begin or further their international careers in education.
Remuneration package will commensurate with relevant experience and qualification in early childhood education and is especially attractive given the affordable low cost of living in Vietnam. The package also includes a housing allowance, medical insurance, end-of-contract bonus and annual economy class return home flights.
Please email a cover letter stating your suitability, with an updated resume and 3 professional referees’ details to the Principal, Ms Janine Gordon, at email [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for initial interview via Skype.